Budapest has about two million inhabitants. The city has many historical buildings, old parks, and a lot of modern opportunities of entertainment. You can get acquainted with this fantastic city with even an unforgettable one-day Budapest sightseeing tour.
During the city tour of Pest we pass the small ring and have a photo stop at the Millennium Monument, located on the Heroes Square. We continue the journey towards Buda and see the Opera House, the former stock exchange and the neo-Gothic style Parliament building. We pass over the Margaret bridge at the Margaret Island and through the main street of Buda, then reach the castle hill, where we go on an 1.5 hour walk to the Matthias Church and the Fisherman’s Bastion, providing a magnificent view of the river and the districts of Pest below for the guests. We then continue to the Gellért Hill, visiting the Citadel and the Freedom Monument. From there, participants can once again enjoy a magnificent view of the city. Duration 3,5 hours.
Budapest sightseeing by foot
Sightseeing on foot gives you just a limited opportunity, Budapest being a large city. After all if you choose this way of sightseeing, you will need a Budapest 24-hour travelcard giving you free access to the public transport system and significantly broadening the number of available attractions.
Easy to approach attractions by foot from downtown Budapest
The undermentioned attractions are easy to approach from downtown Budapest by foot:
- Váci street, Vörösmarty square
- St. Stephen Basilica
- Opera House
- Andrássy Avenue, Oktogon, Grand Boulevard and Liszt Ferenc Square with many café
- Nyugati Train Station
- Great Synagogue
- Hungarian National Museum
- Chain Bridge and Buda Castle Hill Funicular
- Castle Hill, inside of the famous Fisherman’s Bastion, Matthias Church and Hungarian National Gallery
- Margaret Island
Attractions reachable by public transport
- Heroes Square, Milleneum Statue, Varosliget, Vajdahunyad Castle, Széchenyi Bath, Vidámpark (City Amusement Park), Zoo, Műcsarnok and Museum of Fine Arts.
- Gellert hill, Liberty Monument, Citadella.
- Puskás Ferenc Stadium.
- Buda hill, John-hill, chair lift, funicular.
- Palace of Arts and Hungarian National Theater
- Aquincum, roman city
- Hajogyari Island